The Eye Fund has so far raised £61,512.45 largely due to the dedication and hard work of our small Board of Trustees and good friends. The Board are of course all voluntary, and most also offer their time in addition to carrying out their full time job. Imagine how much we could raise with YOUR help and support…
But what could you do?
There are lots of ways you can help us, here are just a few suggestions:
- Give a few hours to help us collect at Eye Fund organised collections
- Organise a collection at an event you are attending such as a football match, rugby game or even a social function
- Ask your friends to sponsor you for something challenging like a run, a long walk, or a sponsored silence
- You could share your beautiful garden with others in an open garden event,
- You could challenge colleagues at work to a short story writing competition and donate all of the entry fees to The Eye Fund
- If you are more of the organiser type, you could organise something grand with an excuse for a black tie or little black dress like a Ladies Night or Sportsman’s Dinner
- You could even nominate The Eye Fund to be your workplace Charity of the Year so that proceeds from different events across the year will come to The Eye Fund
There are of course lots of other ways and we would love you to find something exciting or different, particularly if you can find something that links visual impairment with a fun activity to raise awareness.
We have sponsor forms that we can customise for you and your event, complete with the opportunity to Gift Aid your sponsors donations.
If you would like to help but are not sure how, just contact us, we’d love to talk about it!